Join the Veterans of Foreign Wars
VFW Post 1760 | MesaVFW.org
There are several ways to join the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars). As a qualified veteran there are a number of benefits to take advantage of, and also the satisfaction in the efforts to be a part of in helping other veterans, their families and the community here in the East Valley. VFW Post 1760 welcomes new VFW members every month as our Post is active that has veterans from WWII to Iraq and Afghanistan. There are even VFW members currently serving on active duty and the reserves.
Benefits of Membership
- Camaraderie and access to the vast network of resources that comes with being part of the nation’s largest group of combat veterans
- Assistance securing the benefits and compensation you’ve earned
- Discounts on numerous insurance, travel services, health care plans, computers and more
- For more detailed information on benefits with the VFW, click here
You are eligible if you:
- Are a U.S. citizen who has served honorably in an overseas conflict
- Received a campaign medal for overseas service
- Served 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea
- Received hostile fire or imminent danger pay
- For more complete information, click here
You can apply by one of the several following ways:
- You can submit your application online here through the VFW National website
- You can apply in person at VFW Post 1760
- You can fill out an online form here (first page only, second page is for transfers), print and mail it in to Post 1760. Or you can bring completed application with you to Post 1760 to apply.
– Annual membership at Post 1760 is $35, with an option for a Lifetime membership.
– You will require to provide proof of eligibility, which is normally by submitting a copy of your DD214. For extended eligibility requirements click here.
– As a family member of a qualified veteran, you can apply for the Auxiliary of the VFW.