Our Post 1760 Chaplain is Frank “Gunny” Alger for the current term. He is there for veterans and their families to assist in the following manners:
- Spiritual Guidance – The Chaplain is available to help individuals and their families with their spiritual need
- Assistance with Emergency Situations – In times of crises such as hospitalization, injury,
or death, the Post Chaplain will help and provide assistance to veterans and their families.
- Conducting/Assisting at Funerals – The Post Chaplain is available to assist families with funeral arrangements, to officiate at the service, or to assist the family minister. Additionally, the Chaplain can help with organizing an honor guard, having a bugler present at the cemetery, and having a presentation of the flag as a token of service and honor on behalf of the local Post and fellow veterans of military service.
- Counseling – The Post Chaplain is available to provide pastoral care and counsel, and when necessary, to help veterans and their families find appropriate resources for dealing with such issues as post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse, or other critical incident stress management problems.
- Visitation – Visitation with veterans and their families to provide comfort and encouragement is an important function of the Post Chaplain.
- Attending Functions – The Post Chaplain may be called upon to represent the Post at official functions or public meetings, and the Post Chaplain may be asked to give invocations, dedicatory prayers, or benedictions.
Count your blessings not your worries
First Thessalonians 5:18 says, “In everything give thanks. For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” Sometimes we are a very unthankful people, when we stop and think of all that He has done for us and all that He is. That is the theme of the old song, “Count your blessings. Name them one by one. Count your many blessing, and see what God has done.” But notice that that this Bible verse says, “in everything give thanks.”
Frank “Gunny” Alger is an ordained minister and has been involved in ministry since 1985 (never a paid position) beginning at Bible Baptist Church in Yuma, AZ. He has been an Assistant Pastor, Youth Pastor, Jr. Church Director, and Sunday School Bus Driver. He is also currently the Department of AZ MCL, the Military Ministry Leader (Baptist Bunkers) and part of the Missions Partnership Program at Desert Gateway Baptist Church in Gilbert, AZ. He is a member of the Christian Military Fellowship.
If any veteran, or veteran’s family is seeking assistance please contact Gunny with the form below.